These places are seriously the stuff of nightmares. You wouldn't want to go anywhere near these places at night. Here are 27 of the most haunted places on earth.
1. Island of Dolls located in Mexico.
These dolls are actually hanging here in dedication and as a mark of respect for a little girl who tragically drowned.
2. The Door to Hell, Turkmenistan.
This not actually a volcano but a pit that that has been continuously burning since the 70's thanks to natural gases buried below the earth.
3. Skull Chapel, Poland.
This skull chapel is made from over 3,000 human bones.
4. Abandoned Psychiatric Ward, Poveglia, Italy.
It was once also home to plague victims and is thought to be one of the most haunted places in the world.
5. Actun Tunichil Muknal cave, Belize.
An ancient cave that was once used for Mayan sacrifices.
6. Bran Castle, Transylvania.
7. Sedlec Ossuary, Czech Republic.
Creepy because it's made of 40,000 human remains.
8. Phang Nga bat cave in Thailand.
9. Beelitz-Heilstten sanatorium, Germany.
It's creepy because it's a big abandoned building.
10. Spreepark, Germany.
This amusement park has been abandoned since 2002.
11. The Paris Catacombs.
It has a history of haunting ghosts and plague victims.
12. West Virginia State Penitentiary.
Thought to be one of the most haunted places in America.
13. Cincinnati Subway, Ohio.
The largest abandoned subway tunnel in America.
14. Wardsend Cemeteray, UK.
15. Stanley Hotel, Colorado.
This is the place that inspired Stephen King's The Shining.
16. Chernobyl, Ukraine.
A town that fell victim to a nuclear power plant disaster.
17. Bell Witch Cave, Tennnessee.
There is an old legend that says a witch lives in this cave.
18. Devil's Golf Course, Death Valley, California.
It's scary because it's one of the hottest and driest places on earth.
19. Chateau Noise, Belgium.
An abandoned orphanage. Creepy child ghosts.
20. Cane Hill Lunatic Asylum, London, Uk.
21. High Gate Cemetery, London.
History talks of plague related incidents as well as vampires.
22. Smoked Corpses, Papua New Guinea.
They smoke their dead and then put them on display.
23. Centralia, Pennsylvania.
The site of a devastating coal mine fire and inspiration for Silent Hill.
24. Pompeii, Italy.
After one of the worse volcanic disasters in recorded history the bodies of victims have been preserved in ash for thousands of years.
25. Hunedoara Castle, Transylvania.
This castle is involved in the legend of Dracula.
26. Oradour-sur-Glane, France.
This village was the scene of a massacre by the Nazi's. It has been left untouched as a powerful reminder of the incident.
27. El Museo De Las Momias, Mexico.
This spooky museum is home to the collection of Guanajuato mummies.