YouTube channel CineFix have put together a compilation of the 10 best closing scenes in film history, a difficult task to say the least. The opening sequence of a movie sets its mood and tone, but it's the ending scenes that are often the most memorable.
Here we see the best ending scenes broken down into their different categories or types, from the ones that are open ended and use symbolism such as 2001: A Space Odyssey to movies such as Fight Club which draw to a far more satisfying conclusion. Either way, each of these movies deserves it's place in this top 10.
- Symbolic - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Thematic - A Serious Man (2009)
- Visually Stunning - The Piano (1993)
- Visually Inventive - Gangs of New York (2002)
- Tied Up In a Bow w. a Cherry on Top - Fight Club (1999)
- Cliffhanger/Twist - Inception (2010)
- Perfectly Summarizes - The Searchers (1956)
- Emotionally Haunting - Stalker (1979)
- Freeze Frame - The 400 Blows (1959)
- Iconic - Casablanca (1942)