You can travel the world and see some beautiful sights, but nothing compares to the sights seen from space. Few of us will ever be able to see these sights in person, so for now we'll just have to rely on the amazing photos captured by NASA and those onboard the International Space Station.
Here are 27 incredible images of earth as seen from space that reveal just how beautiful the world is.
1. The northern lights.
2. Mt. Fuji, Japan
3. Taken from the International Space Station. America's east coast at night.
4. Storm clouds forming over the Atlantic Ocean
5. A mountain range
6. Barrier islands along the northeast coast of Brazil
7. A section of the Amazon river
8. Russia’s Sarychev Peak volcano erupting in 2009
11. The city lights of Dubai
12. The Himalayan mountains
13. One of the most incredible pictures of earth there is.
14. The bright lights of Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt on the Mediterranean coast
15. Storms above California
16. Mbam River, Cameroon
17. Hurricane Ike off the Lesser Antilles as it approaches the Bahamas
18. Bora Bora, Tahaa and Raiatea in French Polynesia
19. Cumulonimbus clouds over Nigeria
20. Northern Gulf coast, Mobile Bay and the city of Mobile at night
21. Alaska is almost always cloudy, making this photograph incredibly rare.
22. Lightning through the yellow city lights of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
23. Nevada Desert at night
24. A cluster of small islands in the far northern reaches of Lake Michigan.
25. Parts of Europe and Africa are bright at night and easily recognisable from the ISS (International Space Station).
26. Moscow, Russia
27. karst mountains, China