Here are 25 struggles that 90's kids will know all too well.
1. When this happened to your capri sun.
2. When you parents refused to buy you a CD because of its ‘parental advisory’ sticker.
"it's just a warning mum, you can legally still buy it for me."
3. Not being able to resist joining in with the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air intro song.
If you've forgotten then here is a reminder.
4. When the VCR suddenly decided to destroy your favourite video tape for no reason.
R.I.P to all those Disney films that never made it.
5. Having to live with the knowledge that Jumanji would never be real.
There will never be a real board game as cool as Jumanji.
6. Trying to keep your tamagotchi alive was a daily battle.
You could have just given up, but wondered if you could live with yourself afterwards.
7. Everything had to be settled with ‘rock paper scissors’.
8. Almost getting burnt to death whilst going down one of those super shiny / metal slides.
9. You could never ever have enough beanie babies.
"These will be worth money one day, just you wait."
10. And you could never stop the tags from bending, no matter how hard you tried.
11. If you wanted to watch a movie you didn’t own it meant a trip to the video store.
You had to go and pick up your Netflix!
12. If someone was on the phone you wouldn't be able to use the phone.
13. And when it did work it was incredibly slow.
14. Deciding on what or who to include in your MSN name could make or break friendships.
Waaay before WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger ever existed.
15. Having to rewind video tapes all that way back to the beginning.
Yep. Not a phrase you hear anymore.
16. Running a light coloured pen over a dark line would result in disaster.
Even worse if it was a pen that you borrowed.
17. Whenever this happened:
18. Being woken up in the middle of the night by your Furby.
He knew exactly what he was doing.
19. Having to use one of these to listen to music on the go:
20. No matter how good your SuperSoaker was, some kid would always have a better one.
There was always that one kid.
21. You would tape your favourite program and then get this when playing it back.
22. Not feeling cool enough if you didn't have light up shoes.
"Seriously mum, I need these, real bad."
23. Wanting to sit on one of these, even if they were the most uncomfortable, unstable chairs on earth.
24. Realising that your fashion wasn't as 'on point' as you once thought.
Every boy in the 90's.
25. This was your biggest decision of the day.
Ahh simpler times.