Looking back, no matter how bad the special effects might seem in some movies when compared to the amazing things we're used to seeing from all of the latest Hollywood blockbusters we'll always have a soft spot for them.
That's not to say that every old movie pulls off special effects well, some of them are damn right terrible. There are a select few however that managed to age gracefully with their perfect balance of story telling and well put together effects. They may have aged in some aspects, but each and every one of them is still a joy to watch.
Here's the list of movies that make the top 10:
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Back to the Future II (1989)
- Star Wars (1977)
- A Trip to the Moon (1902)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Starship Troopers (1997)