As soon as your heard the words National Geographic and photography mentioned in the same sentence you know you’re not going to be level disappointed as year after year their competitions draw in some of the best amateur and professional photographers in the world and this years entries to the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year are already looking amazing.
This years competition is now taking entries and will close on the May 27, 2016. Already there have been some pretty amazing entries and here we’ve rounded up some of the very best for you to enjoy. More info can be found here.
1. Centuries old volcanic lava flow now covered in moss located in Iceland.
2. The Hitachi seaside park Ibaraki, Japan, during spring time.
3. Bryce Canyon, NP.
4. This photo was taken during the eruption of Mt. Bromo, Indonesia.
5. Amazing peaks & thousands of King Penguins on South Georgia at sunrise.
6. Early in the morning after climbing Yellow Mountain, China.
7. Looking back over the Trotternish Ridge from the Quirrang on the Isle of Skye.
8. Springbok in front of a dune of namibian desert.
9. Devotees carrying the palki, sedan chair, of Shiva as part of a ritual at a temple in Jejuri, Maharashtra, India.
10. An incredible photo of Hong Kong’s dense horizon.
11. A supercell forms over the town of Blackhawk, South Dakota.
12. Two foxes chase each other before sunset in Biei, Hokkaido, Japan.
13. The most recent eruption from La Fournaise Volcano. Réunion Island.
14. Alligator tries to sunbathe in the middle of the water during a bleak December.
15. Trapped methane forms bubbles underneath a frozen lake during winter in the Canadian Rockies.
16. The Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado, moments before a thunderstorm.
17. Sunset at Kalsoy island, Faroe Islands.