This year marks the 52nd annual competition for Wildlife Photographer of the year (WPY for short) and of the 50,000 photos submitted from 95 different countries around the world the judges have somehow worked their way down to the handful of finalists you see below.
The competition invites both amateur and professional photographers from around the world to submit their best very best photos to be judged on their originality, creativity and technical excellence, all of which these epic photos have in abundance. The finalists will be on display at the Natural History Museum in London as of the 21st of October.
1. Splitting The Catch By Audun Rikardsen, Norway
2. Swarming Under The Stars By Imre Potyó, Hungary
3. Nosy Neighbour By Sam Hobson, UK
4. The Disappearing Fish By Iago Leonardo, Spain
5. Playing Pangolin By Lance Van De Vyver, New Zealand
6. Termite Tossing By Willem Kruger, South Africa
7. Crystal Precision By Mario Cea, Spain
8. Blast Furnace By Alexandre Hec, France
9. Collective Courtship By Scott Portelli, Australia
10. Thistle-Plucker By Isaac Aylward, UK
11. Golden Relic By Dhyey Shah, India