Every year has it's bad moments but it would seem that 2016 had more than most, so much so that we're all pretty fed up with it. The year didn't get off to the best start, but it could only get better right? apparently not, because as the year progressed more celebrities died, there were terrorist attacks in which innocent people where killed, democracies made poor choices and finally Donald Trump made it into the White House. Here are 26 reasons we'd all rather just forget 2016 ever happened.
1. We lost boxing legend Muhammed Ali
2. American singer-songwriter Prince passed away
3. Pop culture icon, actor and singer David Bowie passed away in January after a long battle with cancer
4. The entire 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
5. Harambe was killed in Cincinnati Zoo after a young boy fell into his enclosure
6. Donald Trump was elected to be the next president of the United States of America
7. Britain decided to go it alone and leave the European Union
8. The Bastille Day terrorist attack in Nice, France killed 84 people.
9. The death of much loved actor Alan Rickman
10. Hurrican Matthew caused an estimated $10 billion worth of damage and killed more than 1,600 people
11. Gene Wilder, an actor famous for making people smile and the star of Willy Wonka passed away.
12. Hugely influential Canadian singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen passed away.
13. We lost Harper Lee, an American novelist most famous for her novel To Kill A Mockingbird which has become a classic modern piece of literature.
14. The UK lost a national treasure, Terry Wogan, the voice and face of radio and television for more than 50 years.
15. The Zika virus continued to spread throughout the Americas, the Pacific and Southeast Asia
16. A terrorist attack involving shootings and bombings at Istanbul's Atatürk Aiport killed 45 innocent people
17. 71 people died including players from the Brazilian football team Chapecoense in a plane crash over Medellin
18. The last surviving 9/11 search and rescue dog, Bretagne (pronounced "Brittany") was put down after falling ill
19. Comedic genius, actor and writer Ronnie Corbett passed away
20. 49 people were killed in a hate crime and act of terror at Orlando's Pulse nightclub
21. A two-year-old boy was snatched by an alligator and killed whilst at a Walt Disney resort
22. Statistics show that hate crimes in both the US and the UK have risen
23. Romanian-born political activist, writer and holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel passed away
24. A knife attack in Japan left 19 people dead at a care centre
25. American singer, songwriter and YouTube personality Christina Grimmie was shot whilst signing autographs in Orlando
26. Kenny Baker, the actor behind the much loved Star Wars droid R2-D2 passed away
Seriously. That's enough 2016.