When it comes to impressive fountains the first few to pop into your head are likely the most famous, such as the Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas that have been made famous in countless movies over the years – but that’s not what this list is about. Instead it focuses on the lesser known but equally as impressive fountains around the world that deserve a little more recognition for their unique and sometimes extravagant designs.
From the UK’s Vortex Fountain that uses physics to put on an impressive display to South Korea’s incredible Banpo Bridge which blossoms into a sea of colour at night and even fountains that appear to defy physics all together here are 10 of the world’s most impressive fountains.
1. Osaka Station Fountain-Clock, Osaka, Japan
2. Water Boat Fountain, Valencia, Spain
3. ‘The Mustangs Of Las Colinas’, Texas, USA
4. Vortex Fountain ‘Charybdis’, Sunderland, UK
5. ‘Nine Floating Fountains’, Osaka, Japan
6. Fountain ‘Metalmorphosis’, Charlotte, USA
7. Entrance To The Swarovski Kristallwelten (Crystal Worlds), Wattens, Austria
8. Banpo Bridge, Seoul, South Korea
9. ‘The Divers Fountain’, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10. Magic Tap, Cadiz, Spain