Not everything is terrible. It's all too easy to see the negatives in people, situations and life in general, but look closely and you'll notice good deeds, gestures and acts of kindness that showcase some of the most positive and humbling actions people are capable of. Here are 20 wholesome images that will restore your faith in humanity.
1. Returning stolen money five years later. Proof that deep down, everyone still cares.
2. A nurse bends down to hug her former patient who was once paralysed from the waist down.
3. Not all neighbours make noise complaints.
4. "Was reading at a coffee shop and saw this guy looking up vet services for an injured sparrow he had just found."
5. The moment she got the news that her adoption had gone through!
6. A powerful photo of people holding on to a man who has attempted to commit suicide.
7. "I saw this man holding a phone with both hands looking at the screen, smiling. i was drawn by his joy & asked for a photo. He agreed, telling me he was talking to his wife back home. I asked if it was a video call. He said “no, but i see her name on the screen."
8. "I may not have given you the gift of life, but life surely gave me the gift of you." - A marine's four-year-old son cries after hearing his step-mums vows.
9. Comedian Josh Johnson.
10. Just some garbage men taking a well deserved break!
11. This lady always goes to the supermarket to read the books - so the manager made her a seat!
12. "Recently, every morning my father places bird food in the yard for my mother to wake up on this view."
13. A middle school started a “Breakfast with Dads” program but many dads couldn’t make it and several students didn't have father figures. The school posted a Facebook request for 50 volunteer fathers... 600 fathers from all backgrounds showed up.
14. Her father passed away ten years ago and his heart was donated. The man who received the transplant walked the bride down the aisle.
15. This is Anthony Borges, 15. He used his body to hold a classroom door shut during the Florida shooting, protecting 20 other students inside as the gunman fired through the door, hitting him five times. May he have a speedy recovery.
16. When you reach 100-years-old in Barbados, you get a stamp in your honour.
17. A stranger helping another stranger on the subway who was struggling with their tie.
18. Brian, a retired man from Dublin, spends his evenings making 50 curry meals for the homeless each night, funding the entire operation through his pension which he too lives off of.
19. This man drives for hours every day in order to provide water for animals in Kenya.
20. Firefighters in Arizona putting out a fire in Mexico.