These magical pictures of disneyland where taken during its first year of opening in 1955, and reveal some special moments in the parks history.
1. Visitors running towards the Sleeping Beauty Castle.
2. Mickeys face ready to great guests as a Disneyland railroad locomotive arrives in front of the Main station.
3. Walt Disney and a stuffed Mickey Mouse doll conduct the trains arrival.
4. Walt himself, along with his daughters Diane and Sharon, wife Lilly, and a guest at his private apartment on Main Street, U.S.A.
5. Walt takes the reigns of a red horse-drawn wagon.
6. Something you wouldn't see today: children running through the main gate of the sleeping beauty castle.
7. Children riding the mad tea party ride.
8. Kids enjoying a ride on Snow Whites adventures.
9. An aerial view of Fantasyland.
10. Walt enjoying the company of his grandson in Frontierland.
11. The Mark Twain riverboat beginning its journey around the rivers of America.
12. Showgirls enjoying a view of the rivers of America from the Golden Horseshoe Saloon.
13. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Donald Duck, and Captain Hook waiting for the parade to begin.
14. One of the seven dwarves entertains the crowd during the parade.
15. Tomorrow land getting its own section in the parade.
16. Visitos taking a break in the shade near the TWA rocket in Tomorrowland.
17. Kids having fun racing on Autopia.
18. Walt and his grandson enjoying the view in front of the sleeping beauty castle.