A look back at 2014 in photographs. There have been some incredible moments, some good and some bad. If these photographs show anything - it's that amongst all the bad there is in the world there is always hope in form of amazing acts of kindness. Here are the 30 most powerful photographs taken in 2014.
These photographs will hit you right in the feelings.
1. A man carries a baby who survived an airstrike by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.
Photo by Bassam Khabieh
2. People play golf, meanwhile African immigrants attempt to cross the border from Morocco into Spain.
Photo by Stringer
3. A woman cries for the loss of her sister, 28-year-old Mekie Nagbe, 28, a victim of the Ebola virus. Monrovia, Liberia.
Photo by John Moore
4. In Davenport, Iowa, two women - Boyack, 91, and Dubes, 90, are finally able to marry each other after seven decades of being together.
Photo by Thomas Geyer
5. Shmuel Rabinowitz, rabbi of the Western Wall stands behind Pope Francis as he worships at the holiest place a jew can pray.
Photo by Oded Balilty
6. During combat in Afghanistan, 2008, Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Petry lost his hand throwing away an enemy grenade to protect fellow soldiers. Here he receives the Medal of Honor.
Photo by Ted S. Warren
7. Dogs peer under the door of the Cirillo family home. Nathan Cirillo, 24, was shot dead by a gunman as he guarded the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Canada.
Photo by Peter Power
8. Refugee's from the camp of Yarmouk queue up to receive aid supplies in Damascus, Syria.
Photo by AP Photo
9. A child looks on at officers paying their respect to NYPD officer Dennis Guerra who died in a house fire caused by arson in Coney Island.
Photo by Spencer Platt
10. Orthodox priest steps in to prevent fighting between protesters and riot police in Kiev, Ukraine.
Photo by Sergei Supinsky
11. A protester throws back tear gas during the protests in Ferguson, West Florissant, Missouri.
Photo by Robert Cohen
12. On a beach near Asnelles, France, WWII veteran Fred Holborn salutes in front of thank you messages that line the beach.
Photo by Peter Macdiarmid
13. During the 2014 World Cup men sit at a camel market in Daba, Saudi Arabia to watch Netherlands Vs. Australia.
Photo by Mohamed Al Hwaity
14. A young boy watches a cartoon film at a detention facility run by the U.S. Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas.
Photo by John Moore
15. Kailash Satyarthi who is a nobel peace prize winner comforts Malala Yousafzai as she is overwhelmed by the sight of her dress that she was wearing the day she was attacked by the Taliban.
Photo by Fredrik Varfjell
16. A man protects a woman from riot police in Taksim square, Istanbul.
Photo by Bulent Kilic
17. A mother who's son, Abdolah Hosseinzadeh was murdered in 2007 slaps the man that killed him during an execution ceremony in Nowshahr, Iran.
Photo by Arash Khamooshi
18. Oklahoma City police officer Sgt. Ryan Stark (right) pays his respects to 3-year-old German Shepard police dog K-9 Kye who was stabbed by a robbery suspect.
Photo by Sue Ogrocki
19. Gerald F. Kicanas, Bishop of Tucson offering communion to people on the Mexican side of the border in Nogales, Arizona.
Photo by Matt York
20. In Martin Place, Sydney, Australia, a hostage runs into the arms of an armed police officer responding to a gunman who has sieged a local cafe.
Photo by Rob Griffith
21. Michael Brown Sr. cries as the casket of his son, Michael Brown Jr. is lowered during the funeral service in Normandy, Missouri.
Photo by Richard Perry
22. The caskets of three Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers are carried during a regimental funeral in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Photo by Mark Blinch
23. In Portland, Oregon, people gather in support of protests in Ferguson, Missouri. A young boy, Devonte Hart, hugs Portland police Sgt. Bret Barnum.
Photo by Johnny Nguyen
24. In Tisina, northern Bosnia-Herzegovina, a Slovenian rescue team winch a baby to safety from the worst flooding in Bosnia and Serbia for 120 years.
Photo by Rok Einhauer
25. Mitzi Richards, owner of Huntington Lake marina, carrying her granddaughter along the dock of a now dried up river bed due to severe drought in California.
Photo by Mark Ralston
26. Four women wearing a full veil show their inked fingers to celebrate voting in the first parliamentary election in Iraq, Baghdad, since the U.S. troops withdrew.
Photo by Sabah Arar
27. Mount Sinabung erupting in Sukandebi, North Sumatra, Indonesia, as young students play at school.
Photo by Binsar Bakkara
28. Protesters in Hong Kong hold their cell phones up to show solidarity in front of the headquarters of Legislative Council.
Photo by Xaume Olleros
29.Walking towards the MSF treatment center in Paynesville, Liberia, a health worker carries a child who is suspected of having Ebola.
Photo by John Moore
30. Children playing around a man dressed as Batman in the Favela do Metro slum, near to Maracana stadium where the 2014 World Cup was hosted in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Photo by Yasuyoshi Chiba