These days companies have to tread very carefully when creating adverts as not to offend anyone, but as these vintage adverts show, things have changed a lot. Many companies that are still around today no doubt cringe at some of the sexist adverts they created. Here are 26 of the worst.
1. "Most husbands, nowadays, have stopped beating their wives"
2. "Show her it's a man's world."
3. Chase & Sanborn making light of domestic abuse.
4. "Don't worry darling, you didn't burn the beer!"
5. You can now open a bottle yourself, even without your husband!
6. It's so easy even a woman can operate it.
7. No prizes for guessing who does all the dishes.
8. "Budweiser has delighted more husbands than any other brew ever known."
9. "Women. On a mountain they are something of a drag."
10. Well, obviously!
11. The only standard coffee should be measured by.
12. "Are you woman enough to buy a man's mustard?"
13. Because women are guaranteed to hit things.
14. Buy your wife these home appliances or she will cry.
15. "The best ones are thin and rich."
16. Think of this attractive airline assistant as your mother.
17. Who should clean the moon? women should.
18. "Housewife headache."
19. Made for men, attractive to women.
20. Jello thinks that understanding office hierarchies is way beyond a woman. Have a pudding instead.
21. Datacomp's computers are so simple even a women can use one!
22. General Mills reminding women they can kill two birds with one stone in 1970.
23. "It's nice to have a girl around the house."
24. The caption below reads "It makes driving as effortless as sleeping. Sleeping, Luv ... "
25. "It's a wifesaver!"
26. Weyenberg Shoes telling everyone where they think women belong.