Have you ever heard about watercolor tattoos? They are tattoos that imitate watercolor paintings, from every little brushstroke to patterns and different painting styles that are only made possible by the use of watercolors. The first time you’ll lay eyes on watercolor tattoos, you will be taken aback by the incredibly vibrant colors and details. Watercolor tattoos also play with hues and opacity.
This will completely revolutionize the way you’ve been thinking about tattoos all this time. When someone says “tattoo” the first images that come to mind are black lines and blocks of ink that arrange in cheesy sayings or unrecognizable languages that no one can possibly read, not even the wearer. You might also think about those hilarious examples of tattoos gone wrong.
However, tattoos are art, and if done right, they can prove incredibly beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.
What is the difference between normal and watercolor tattoos?
Although watercolor tattoos are made using the same regular tools used for normal black and grey tattoos, the technique is completely different. A fair amount of coloring and shading is crucial for the creation of a stunning watercolor tattoo. Normal tattoos are basically solid areas of color merged together in a pattern. They do not include any gradual coloring like in the case of watercolor tattoos.
While traditional tattoos are outlined in a solid color, watercolor tattoos do not have precise outlines. However, as you are about to see below, many tattoo artists choose to mix traditional and watercolor tattoos into incredible unique and singular designs. And you can go really crazy here, you can have a whole popular watercolor painting tattooed on your skin or you can go for vibrant-colored splatters of paint that will surely be noticed and appreciated by people.
So, let’s take a look at these astonishing watercolor tattoos and maybe you will get an idea of what kind of tattoo you want to get next.
1. A lively hummingbird and vibrant flower adorning a beautiful wrist
2. A happy elephant splashing colours and happiness on your shoulder blade
3. Dazzling kingfisher
4. A cute little goldfish tattoo. Just look at those golden hues!
5. Watercolor phoenix tattoo
6. Very elegant and cute fiery fox tattoo
7. A watercolor ballerina tattoo caught in a gracious pirouette
8. A majestic Phoenix tattoo
9. The most beautiful watch tattoo I’ve seen so far
10. A colorful dandelion on the shoulder of cool summer parties
11. Watercolor Da Vinci tattoo
12. A whale from space
13. Little watercolor snail tattoo
14. Flying origami in watercolor look amazing
15. Watercolor deer tattoo on ribcage looks amazing. Just look at that beautifully-crafted face expression!
16. Put a wing on your wrist!
17. Watercolor DNA tattoo
18. Imaginative dripping camera watercolor tattoo
19. Some people just want to have a rat tattooed on their forearm. Why not do it in watercolor?
20. Photography afficionados will understand