This post will provide you with inspiration for loyalty over love tattoo design which is very popular today. You can skip to the list below or you can read through our short explanation of what it is and why it matters.
Most people try their very best to strive for the right things in life. To guide them, they often follow virtues, which are traits or qualities that are deemed to be morally good. Living a good life means making these virtues the foundation of your being.
There are many virtues that one can live by in life. Honesty, patience, and even chastity are some virtues that people choose to follow. One that many people swear by is loyalty. It is valued in several types of relationships, whether it’s among family, friends, romantic partners, or even religions and nations.
But what exactly is loyalty? Why is it so important?
People usually define loyalty by describing what it is not. For example, loyalty means not being betrayed or abandoned. However, it is more than just the absence of mistreatment. Loyalty involves several characteristics that make it such a popular virtue that people would want to tattoo it on themselves.
To be considered loyal, one must demonstrate good behavior that is consistent towards another important person in their life. Their behavior must also be in line with their words. It requires a level of reliability and dependability in order to be called loyal. This consistency usually involves being kind, fair, and generous.
Loyalty also means being honest with your loved one. This entails being vulnerable around them, meaning you don’t hide any aspect of your identity or parts of your life. Doing so allows you to be open and authentic, which are two characteristics of loyal people.
There are also several benefits that come with being loyal.
Benefits of Loyalty
The Connection Between Loyalty and Love
You may have thought about getting a tattoo related to loyalty and love. Maybe you even want one that says “loyalty over love.” But what is the connection between loyalty and love?
Being devoted and faithful to your loved ones can really help your relationship thrive. In romantic relationships, loyalty often leads to companionship, which is an essential component of these types of relationships.
Loyalty is also connected to love because it helps people in relationships succeed individually and together. Staying by each other’s side is a valuable source of support that only loyal connections can provide.
Lastly, being loyal can increase or improve the love you feel because you know that someone has your back.
This is probably why people want them tattooed.
Loyalty Over Love Tattoo list for inspiration
Tattoos that show “loyalty over love” usually mean that it is more important to prioritize loyalty over fleeting feelings of love. It implies that love is a choice. For that reason, many people have it inked onto their skin.
If you’ve thought about getting “loyalty” or “loyalty over love” tattoos for yourself, then here are some examples to draw inspiration from:
1. This is a simple, clean, but bold tattoo that declares that loyalty is more important than love. It could also mean they are equally important.
2. This is a variation, saying that loyalty is synonymous with love.
3. Here we have a forearm placement tattoo with embellishments on the word “loyalty.”
4. Though some people might think loyalty is more important than love, others believe that love and loyalty can be just as important as each other.
5. This is another inner upper arm placement with more detail.
6. This tattoo creatively shows how loyalty out values everything, including love.
7. A simple script design makes this “loyalty over love” tattoo stand out.
8. Here’s another “loyalty is love” tattoo in the same body placement with a simpler font.
9. “Loyalty over royalty” means prioritizing loyal companions and not those who are simply there for the benefits they get from you, including money.
10. Shadow cursive text looks great for virtues like loyalty, trust, and respect.
11. The back of the forearm is a popular placement for “loyalty over love” tattoos.
12. Colored ink can make a big different in any text tattoo, like this one, which says “love and loyalty.”
13. The back of the hand is a unique placement for this “loyalty over love” tattoo.
14. Red ink can stand out on the right skin tone, just like this neatly tattooed text.
15. Another “loyalty over love” tattoo is placed on the inner upper arm.
16. This “loyalty” tattoo features several parts of a sword going through it.
17. Finger tattoos are also a popular option.
18. Big swooping letters make a great statement for any “loyalty” tattoo.
19. The outer hand is another understated body part to place your “loyal” tattoo.
20. Old-style fonts also make a statement for words like “loyalty.”
21. This “loyalty” tattoo features a slightly sharper font for a different but bold look.
22. This is another “loyalty over royalty” tattoo placed on the arm with more details.
23. Some people also believe that loyalty should be highly valued above all using the statement “loyalty is royalty.”
24. Pairing “loyalty” with another virtue, as seen in this tattoo, can make an effective statement
25. Listing several virtues can show others what is most important to you in life, including loyalty.
26. The back of the upper arm is another great place to get a simple “loyalty” tattoo.
27. Bold cursive fonts look great for a forearm tattoo.
28. Alternatively, some people believe that loyalty is the very definition of love. This tattoo is a large one that has been placed on the front leg.
29. Wrist tattoos are also nice for delicate fonts. This one shows a “loyalty over love” tattoo written in cursive.
30. This is another great version of the “love outvalues everything” tattoo shown earlier.
31. Here is another variation of the “loyalty is love” tattoo on the outer forearm.
32. Sometimes finding just the right font can make all the difference in making a common tattoo more unique.
33. This longer text tattoo defines love as a loyalty sworn.
34. The inner forearm is also a great place to get medium-sized “loyalty” tattoos, like this one.
35. This chest placement sends a very powerful message: loyalty above everything.
36. Another option would be to place different virtues on each finger.
37. Having a “loyalty” tattoo in a bold red font will surely catch the attention of others.
38. This “loyalty over royalty” tattoo has a unique font.
39. If you prefer minimalist looks, then this “loyalty” tattoo might be the one for you.
40. Those who might want a large tattoo that can be hidden can opt to place their ink on the stomach. It is an unconventional but unique way to show off a “loyalty” tattoo.
41. Some “loyalty” tattoos will come with a key to give the idea that “loyalty is the key.”
42. The upper chest is a great placement for simple tattoos, like this “loyalty” one.
43. Elaborate designs for simple words like “loyalty” can end up looking beautiful once done on the skin.
44. This “loyalty” tattoo is closer to the collarbone, so be aware of that if you get one in a similar place on your body!
45. This “loyalty is royalty” tattoo is beautifully done but on a part of the body where it is usually painful to get tattoos; tread with caution.
46. Here is another intimidating chest tattoo that says “loyalty before royalty.”
47. This is an elegant way to show off a “loyalty” tattoo.
48. Another chest tattoo, this one says “loyalty over love” and features a heavier and more old-style font.
49. Minimalist “loyalty” tattoos with little details look great on the rib area.
50. Sometimes all you need is a simple font in a small size to make your “loyalty” tattoo stand out.
51. Here is another example of a “loyalty” tattoo on the inner upper arm.
52. Red tattoos are becoming more popular, just like this “loyalty” one written in simple cursive.
53. Now this is an unconventional placement for a tattoo!
54. Letter outlines can also make your “loyalty” tattoo stand out.
55. Below the nape of the neck is an excellent way to showcase your “loyalty” tattoo.
56. Not many people would dare to get a “loyalty” tattoo on the shin, but if that is your preference, here’s an example to inspire you.
57. Simple cursive on the outer hand looks great for a “loyalty” tattoo.
58. This “loyalty” tattoo added some extra artwork to make it stand out.
59. Fancy cursive is a sure way to make your “loyalty” tattoo look great.
60. This creative tattoo shows that loyalty knows no bounds.
There you have it! If you’re feeling inspired to get a loyalty-themed tattoo, then some of these options might suit your preferences. For more articles like this, visit our other featured tattoo articles here