Funny names are neither easy nor hard to come by. But, “What’s in a name,” argues Shakespeare, “That which we call a rose/ By any other name would smell as sweet.” That is what the famous poet would tell us in his lyrical tale of the two infamous “star-crossed” lovers, Romeo and Juliet.
If we would extrapolate this, we could say their names were standing in the way of their mutual love and passion.
Truth is, not everyone in life is gifted with the right name. Some names are tragic, reminiscent of some old discord and some can even get you in trouble. Other names are so funny that they might even embarrass the wearer and be part of an article like this one.
Below is a list of 101 funny names (updated 2022)
Some people with unfortunate, too hilarious names to the point of embarrassment choose to change them and go through all the legal fuss to do so.
They’re the most determined. Some of them, though, never change their names and they just go with the flow. These people are gold. They’re not afraid of any public shaming. They do not care; they have a name and that is enough for them.
These people are untouchable and, lucky for us, these 101 people below are part of that category and decided to keep their names. Here are the funniest names ever:
1. That’s an elaborate given name to match with a catchy surname.
2. We guess this guy is more into butts judging by his name!
3. It really is unfortunate that some members of the academe are cursed with horrid names.
4. If this is her real name, then her parents might have done her a favor!
5. Some names just don’t go together, and this is the perfect example of that.
6. Hopefully this fellow doesn’t get too much flak for his surname…
7. Okay, we have to admit, this is kind of a funny one!
8. Who would be able to hold a straight face when hearing this name?
9. Imagine if this guy’s team loses. Everybody will be pointing at him!
10. This guy’s got a pretty intimidating last name.
11. Of course Blake Money has a sibling named Cash!
12. She could’ve gotten away with her first name, but the “Hooker” last name pretty much seals the deal!
13. This is just one of those names that’s funny no matter what.
14. What were her parents thinking?
15. What are the odds that someone would be named “Chip” and have the last name “Munk?”
16. If this guy isn’t actually a Christian, then it would be a waste of a name!
17. We wouldn’t be able to stop laughing at this name.
18. If there’s a Cookie Monster, then there must also be a Cookie Facey.
19. Now this is just bad…
20. Why is Crystal such a popular first name anyway?
21. Seriously, didn’t their parents think this through?
22. We’re sure we’ve heard of her name before, but we just can’t remember where! Hmmm…
23. Do you? Dew U?
24. Maybe he’s serving up a special kind of burger.
25. Seriously, “Dick” should probably stop being a nickname for “Richard.”
26. How unfortunate for this man that his name turned out to be this way.
27. It must be heaven on earth, wherever he is!
28. If this doesn’t throw you into a fit of giggles, then we don’t know what will!
29. Imagine introducing yourself with this kind of name.
30. Whoever heard of a name like “Everhard” anyway? Cruel parents!
31. This doesn’t seem like the type of dentist you’d want if you have a sweet tooth!
32. Dorothy and Dick Tickler. Wait, what?
33. The name is as fitting as the charges!
34. His parents could not have picked a better first name.
35. I guess her parents really must have loved Disneyland!
36. What’s your flavor? Tell me what’s your flavor?
37. Will this doctor be able to take away my cold?
38. This is too good not to laugh at.
39. Well, the same to you, then!
40. This is really too bad…
41. Commodore Gary Doodle what now?
42. We all know that “gay” also means happy, but with a last name like “Saylor” it sounds like something completely different!
43. We think this is self-explanatory.
44. It seems like there are plenty of Gaylords on this list! This one is named “Silly.”
45. Placing them next to each other in a line up would look pretty funny!
46. If there’s one guy that can’t be proud of his name, it’s this guy.
47. Does ha have magic hands?
48. Not sure if you’d want to shake hands with this fellow.
49. Would you wear this pin proudly?
50. What exactly is he holding?
51. It could be that this person was greedy in their life. Who knows?
52. Her last name just sounds funny, and we’ll let you figure out why.
Here are even more funny names for you…
53. This is a weird combination of names…
54. As if “James Bond” wasn’t enough, they even put “007” as part of this guy’s name!
55. Enough said.
56. Hey, it’s Old Joe McDonald, but without a farm!
57. We wonder if she actually likes roller coasters.
58. Now, this guy’s name can’t be real!
59. If Kermit the Frog had special powers, then it would be thanks to this guy.
60. Kim Kardashian’s long lost twin, or something.
61. Do some people think these names are okay?
62. This is a pretty funny way to name your baby!
63. It’s so funny how this kid put it under his street name!
64. We sure hope he is fire resistant!
65. What’s long? We’re not sure we want to know.
66. The Dark Lord has risen in the form of this young student!
67. This is too funny not to include on the list.
68. We’re wondering if this is a nickname or an actual name. Go figure.
69. Imagine hearing this staff member get called on the PA system.
70. If we were police officers apprehending this guy for traffic violations, we wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face!
71. Who names their kid after a substance and soda?
72. We hope he’s very good at correspondence!
73. What kind of man is this Michael? A Butman.
74. On the other hand, this Michael is… well, you can read his name for yourself.
75. These three in the same lineup would make onlookers laugh.
76. It seems No Foot has a much longer name than can fit into this sentence!
77. This elderly lady has a very unfortunate name.
78. At least his last name is catchy!
79. We don’t know what’s better, the name itself or former nickname.
80. Seeing this suspect on the news would freak some people out, especially with that name.
81. Now, surely this guy has got to be pulling a joke on everybody.
82. Careful before you pass judgment; sometimes people just have unfortunate names!
83. Maybe saying his first name is enough.
84. Another Mangina on the list!
85. Shawn what and sheets now?
86. This person must “siriusly” hate their name.
87. Both the first and last names are just a special combination, here.
88. We wonder if she is as spontaneous as her name!
89. Hopefully this pitcher has a lot going for him.
90. Another case of two names coming together to sound unfortunate.
91. Texas Instruments could get him as an endorser.
92. These elaborate names are the best.
93. If you’re someone who is this accomplished, then basically nobody can make fun of your name!
94. See you Tu-Morrow!
95. How do you even pronounce this?
96. Hang on a second, is that her real last name?
97. Vania must’ve stumbled all over the hurdles!
98. What is she holding, exactly?
99. So many things going on with this name…
100. It’s a unique name, but not necessarily a good one.
101. Imagine being called in class! The kid must love it.
If you like these, there’s even more funny names: 25 People With the Funniest Names Ever