Every year National Geographic hold their travel photography contest and 2016's winners have just been announced. Every year the contest attracts photographers both amateur and pro from around the world and invites them to submit their very best photos with this years competitions seeing more than 10,000 entries from around the world!
Quite how the judges work their way through the photos until they get to their prize winners is unknown but one thing is certain, they always do an amazing job at selecting the very best.
If you'd like to see more entries that didn't manage to get a prize ( although they're all worthy of one ) then check out our previous post on the early competition entries here.
1. Grand Prize Winner: Winter Horseman, Inner Mongolia
2. First Place Winner, Cities: Ben Youssef, Marrakesh, Morocco
3. First Place Winner, Nature: Wherever You Go, I Will Follow You, Hokkaido, Japan
4. Honorable Mention, Cities: Divide, Manhattan, New York, United States
5. Honorable Mention, Nature: Bears On A Berg, Nunavut, Canada
6. Second Place Winner, People: Rooftop Dreams, Varanasi
7. Third Place Winner, Nature: Lagunas Baltinache (atacama Desert), Antofagasta, Chile
8. Third Place Winner, People: Remote Life At -21 Degree, Himachal Pradesh, India
9. Second Place Winner, Cities: Silenced, Guangdong Sheng, China
10. Second Place Winner, Nature: Double Trapping, Brazilian Pantanal