Here are 19 facts about the human body that you probably never knew about. Number 19 is an absolute tragedy.
1. Humans are roughly 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening.
2. Human fingers are so sensitive that if your fingers were the size of Earth, you could feel the difference between a house and a car.
3. The human eye is so sensitive that if the earth was flat, it could spot a candle flickering at night from up to 30 miles away.
4. Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
5. Humans shed 40 pounds of skin in their lifetime, completely replacing their outer skin every month.
6. In just one day your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body. Thats four times the distance across the US from coast-to-coast.
7. Around 90% of the cells that make up a human are not of human origin, and instead are fungi and bacteria.
8. The human brain uses 20% of the body's oxygen and calorie intake, despite only accounting for 2% of our overall mass.
9. Each finger and toenail takes 6 months to grow from base to tip.
10. Some people suffer from a condition known as Synesthesia, where sense overlap. Meaning some people can hear colours or taste sounds. Awesome!.
11. The focusing muscles in a humans eye move around 100,000 times a day. In order to workout your leg muscles as much you would need to walk 50 miles a day.
12. A single human blood cell takes only 60 seconds to circulate around the entire body.
13. The human brain is more active at night than during the day.
14. The more intelligent you are the more frequently you have dreams.
15. The acid within your stomach is so strong that it is capable of dissolving razor blades.
16. When you have a full bladder, it is roughly the size of a softball.
17. The average person breaks wind 14 times a day.
18. Your nose is capable of identifying up to 50,000 different scents.
19. Sadly, it is impossible to tickle yourself.